Vocal lessons and vocal coaching are available to all ages and ability levels. I specialize in everything from rock-n-roll to opera. Vocalist are prepared to perform at their highest level. Students are taught a comprehensive music curriculum including:
- Vocal Technique: The mechanics of how to properly sing including, proper posture, breath support, vocal range and focused support. .
- Music Theory: The ability to read and understand the elements of music such as dynamics, melody, harmony, pitch and rhythms.
- Ear Training: Learning how to hear musical relationships and structures within music. This is excellent training for the budding composer.
- Notation: Understanding and reading the musical symbols and being able to read the music.
- Sight Singing: The ability to sing the music at sight, without practice. This is particularly helpful for performance and the professional.
- Composition: The ability to apply what has been learned to write and create your own music.
- Performance: Learning the technique of applying all you have learned and being able to translate that creatively and confidently to an appreciative audience. I also include teaching techniques for over coming performance anxiety.
- Musical Expression: To perform the music with musical sensitivity and expression.
- Musical Theatre/Stage Presence: This is particularly important for any vocalist ,whether or not the performer is interested in performing for a stage production such as musical theatre or opera. This training give the singer the skills to artistically express the emotional content of the music.