Piano lessons are available to all ages and abilities. Students are taught a comprehensive music curriculum including:
- Playing Technique: The mechanics of how to play piano such as proper posture, hand placement, wrist alignment, fingering and body flow.
- Music Theory: The ability to read and understand the elements of music such as dynamics, melody, harmony, pitch and rhythms.
- Ear Training: Learning how to hear musical relationships and structures within music. This is excellent training for the budding composer.
- Notation: Understanding and reading the musical symbols and being able to play it on the piano.
- Sight Reading: The ability to read music at sight, without practice. This is particularly helpful for performance and the professional.
- Composition: The ability to apply what has been learned to write and create your own music.
- Performance: Learning the technique of applying all you have learned and being able to translate that creatively and confidently to an appreciative audience. I also include teaching techniques for over coming performance anxiety.
- Personalized Lesson: Each lessons is designed to work with the students desires and goals as a musician.
- Musical Genres: I teach every style of music including jazz, classical and pop.
- Musical Expression: To perform the music with musical sensitivity and expression.
It is recommended that young students ages 6-9 take 30 minutes lessons due to their attention span. I have found that young children can absorb a great deal of musical information in a 30 minute period. I recommend 60 minute lessons to older children and adults. However, the choice of lesson length ultimately is determined by the desire of each individual.
One thought on “Piano Lessons”
Comments are closed.